DUNE welcomes eight new institutions
- Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
- National Engineering University, Lima, Peru
- University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
- University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
- STFC Daresbury Laboratory, Daresbury, UK
- Texas A&M University, Corpus Cristi, TX, US
- University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, US
- Universidad Tecnica Federico Santa Maria, Valparaiso, Chile
The ProtoDUNE-SP Technical Design Report is now in the hands of the SPS Committee at CERN. Thank you to everyone who contributed. The report is available at DocDB 1794. It is labeled “Preliminary” for two reasons. First, some updates may become necessary once all the component design reviews are completed, and second, it needs more polishing before it can be put on the arXiv. The ProtoDUNE-SP leadership expects to finalize it by January 2017.
New Resource Coordinator
Ami Dave (pronounced Dah-vé) of Fermilab, the LBNF financial manager, has agreed to succeed Chang Kee Jung as DUNE’s Resource Coordinator (RC). She brings over 17 years of experience in financial planning and analysis, with emphasis on strategic planning.
“I’m very excited to join the team as the DUNE Resource Coordinator,” Dave said. “I look forward to assisting DUNE members in achieving their goals.”
DUNE collaborators flocked to buy t-shirts for themselves and their families at the collaboration meeting in September. Plenty of t-shirts remain, but at this time, they are not available for mail order. You can stop by the DUNE project office on your next trip to Fermilab, or ask a local colleague or friend to pick one up for you. They cost $15 each.